Friday, January 29, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 20, January 29 (Friday of the third week of Ordinary time)

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)


The Kingdom of God is like a mustard seed, which, when sown upon the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth;  yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes the greatest of all shrubs. (Mark 4:31-32)

Mark continues his narrative by reporting a few parables concerning the Kingdom. This one echoes the theme of “secrecy” typical of this Gospel. The Kingdom seems to grow from humble origins: a private gesture, a few quiet words, a simple prayer … but against all odds, it develops and flourishes and bears an abundance of fruit.

This lockdown forces me to recognize my weakness and even my helplessness. What can I possibly do in my solitude to reach out, help others, give hope or shed light? Very little, it seems to me. And yet, this little bit, entrusted to the Lord, can bear abundant fruit, beyond my expectations. It is only in heaven that I will know all the good that my little acts have produced in the world.

Abba, Father, help me believe that my poverty can be a source of life for others, despite all appearances. Open me to the mysteries of your Kingdom which silently but constantly grows in this world. Teach me to sow my little seeds with confidence, knowing that you will make them bear fruit in surprising ways for me and for others.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete