Saturday, January 30, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel -- Day 21, January 30th (Saturday of the third week of Ordinary time)

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)


Jesus said to his disciples, “Why are you afraid? Have you still no faith?” (Mark 4:40)

After the parables comes the story of the crossing of the lake. Jesus and his disciples find themselves in a boat in the middle of a storm. The disciples fear for their lives as Jesus, exhausted, sleeps in the boat. They call to him for help. Waking up, he calms the wind and the sea. The disciples are astonished, frightened by their master’s power. Mark points out that they have not yet grasped Jesus’s identity nor learned to trust him. It’s only after the resurrection that they will understand and believe.

This pandemic is like a great storm that has befallen the world. I implore the Lord to intervene, but he seems to be sleeping. Why doesn’t he get up, why doesn’t he step in to make this disease go away? I could wear myself out questioning God … but maybe I should also question myself. Why am I not confident? The disciples did not know who Jesus was, but I do: he is the Son of God, conqueror of death, my Saviour and my Lord.

Abba, Father, I take up prayer of the man who asked Jesus to heal his son: “Yes, I believe; But help my unbelief!” Faced with the upheavals caused by the pandemic, I feel fragile and helpless. But your Son Jesus is with me, close by. Send your Spirit to calm the storm that rages within me and to give peace to my heart.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete