Friday, February 5, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 27, February 5 (Memorial of saint Agatha)

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)


Herod himself had sent men who arrested John, bound him, and put him in prison. (Mark 6:2)

Like many tyrants, King Herod took whatever he wanted. John the Baptist, however, was not afraid to criticize and denounce him. However, John suffered the fate of many other activists in the history of the world who cried out for justice: he was imprisoned, tortured and killed. It would be the same with Jesus.

Sometimes this lockdown feels like a prison. Maybe this experience will help me grow in solidarity with the many men and women who, still today, are imprisoned for their commitment to justice, freedom and peace.

Abba, Father, I present to you these brothers and sisters who, because of their convictions and their concern for the common good, are thrown in prison, mistreated, humiliated and sometimes executed. My confinement during this lockdown is a pale shadow of what they endure for the sake of your Kingdom of justice, peace and joy. May my prayer bring them something of comfort and hope.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete