Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 10, January 20 (Wednesday of the second week of Ordinary time)

 

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)

Jesus entered the synagogue, and a man was there who had a withered hand. They watched him to see whether he would cure him on the sabbath, so that they might accuse him. (Mark 3 :1-2)

Mark goes on to tell how Jesus asked the congregation whether it was permissible to do good on a Sabbath day. No one dared answer. Jesus then looked at the congregation with anger, "grieved at their hardness of heart." Despite their refusal, he healed the man, provoking the Pharisees’ decision to destroy him. The opposition to Jesus is radicalized by his insistence on showing the Father's mercy.

Jesus can heal a withered hand. Faced with a hardened heart, however, he is powerless because he respects human freedom. That is why hardening of the heart is much more dangerous than any disability, disease or infirmity. The coronavirus may infect my body; it should never infect my heart, making me uncaring for others.

Abba, Father, save me from the hardening of my heart. Keep me open to the work you want to accomplish in me and through me. I may suffer from an "atrophied hand," whatever shape it takes in my life, but don't let my heart grow hard.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete