Sunday, January 31, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 22, January 31 (Fourth Sunday of Ordinary time)

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)


They were all amazed, and they kept on asking one another, “What is this? A new teaching—with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him.” (Mark 1:27)

At the beginning of his gospel, Mark emphasizes the power of the Jesus’s word. His teaching impresses and energizes people. His words can expel evil spirits and heal the sick. Without saying it, Mark is sending a message to his readers: “The text you read - my gospel - is also the Word of God, and can act with power in your lives, too! "

I usually listen to Bible texts at Sunday mass or even on weekdays. These texts often encourage me. Sometimes, they challenge me to change something in my life. They enlighten and console me. This lockdown, however, gives me the opportunity to open myself even more to the power of a Word that heals, transforms and brings life.

Abba, Father, you sent your living Word into the world, your son Jesus. As I read the Bible, as I meditate on these texts, as I pray with them, your Word takes root in me and leads me to more abundant life. Teach me to frequent your Word with diligence and generosity. More and more, may it become my home, the source of deeper life, the true light for my path.

Amen.

(Note: A Catholic website that can help us grow with the Sunday scriptures is this one: https://liturgy.slu.edu/. I invite you to visit this website and explore the wide variety and richness of the reflections it offers.)

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete