Sunday, January 17, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 8, January 17 (Second Sunday of Ordinary Time)

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share with you my humble reflection.)


When Jesus turned and saw them following, he said to them, ‘What are you looking for?’ (John 1:37)

These are Jesus’s first words in John's gospel: neither a proclamation nor a teaching, but a simple question that invites to dialogue. He will use a similar approach with the Samaritan woman, with the paralytic, with the man born blind. He likes to open a space where others can express themselves, question themselves, reflect and grow. This first gospel question is perhaps the most important: “What are you looking for? ”

And so: what am I looking for in this time of lockdown? The first answers that come to mind are obvious: a vaccine, a return to normalcy, being able to have a meal with my family and friends… But why do I yearn for these things? What lies below these needs? What deep desire abides in me?

Abba, Father, this lockdown gives me time to seriously ponder serious questions: what is the meaning of my life, what difference can I make in this world, why love and be loved? Help me to really think about these important questions. They will help me engage a dialogue with you where you will answer me with your written Word in the Bible, and your living Spirit in my heart.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent reflection and prayer ! Thank you Mgr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete