Monday, January 25, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel -- Day 16, January 25 (Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul)

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)


And Jesus said to the Apostles, “Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation.” (Mark 4:15 p.m.)

Saint Paul was not there the day the Risen Christ entrusted this mission to his Apostles. But one day, on the road to Damascus, the same Jesus met him, revealed himself to him and associated him to their mission. Today the Church remembers this turning point in the life of one who would become “the Apostle of the Nations.”

The lockdown I’m experiencing could well be a “road to Damascus” for me. It could transform me by opening my eyes to what is essential. I had fallen asleep in my old ways. This lockdown shakes me up, throws me to the ground … and the voice of God awakens me to my mission. I could come out of this with renewed priorities, new convictions about the path to follow in my personal life, in the Church and in society.

Abba, Father, I bless you for the road to Damascus: Paul’s road two thousand years ago and mine, today. Let me hear your voice and see your light, so that I will come out transformed and renewed by this experience. Renew my hope so that I might go forth with the Apostles and with Saint Paul to proclaim your Gospel to all people.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete