Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel -- Day 17, January 26 (Memorial of saints Timothy and Titus)

 (How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)

 

« Who are my mother and my brothers? » And looking at those who sat around him, Jesus said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!” (Mark 3:34-35)

Family relationships were highly valued in the culture of Jesus—sacrosanct, one might say. Yet Jesus does not consider them fundamental. He claims that one’s relationship with God is more important. In doing so, he proclaims that, for him, his disciples form his true family. He must have gazed upon them with care and tenderness as he called them mother, brother and sister.

Jesus looks at me the same way. He doesn’t only want to be my Lord and my Saviour, he wants to be my brother, my close friend. He joins me in the solitude of my confinement to keep me company. Jesus invites me to turn with him to God to discover a Father full of compassion who wants to reunite all his children in one big, loving and warm-hearted family.

Abba, Father, in Jesus you give me a new family of brothers and sisters. What unites us is our desire to understand and do your will here on earth, as it is done in heaven. Teach us to share our substantial bread with the least of your children. Enable us to forgive each other as you forgive us. Keep us united in your love, despite this lockdown.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete