Thursday, January 14, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 5, January 14 (Thursday of the first week of ordinary time)

(How does the today’s Gospel call me to live the lockdown? Allow me to share with you my humble reflection.)


"A leper came to him begging him, and kneeling he said to him, ‘If you choose, you can make me clean.’ Moved with pity, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, ‘I do choose. Be made clean!’" (Mark 1:40-45)

In Jesus' time, people who suffered from leprosy were marginalized, cut off from social relationships, excluded from the human community. In addition to suffering physically, they were deprived of human warmth, affection and intimacy. The leper in this story dares to approach Jesus and Jesus dares to approach him. The master’s compassion purifies the leper and heals him in all the dimensions of his being.

The lockdown helps me understand what it means to be forced to keep my distance, to be cut off from those I love, to be deprived of affection. I understand more clearly the leper’s deep suffering. Perhaps the lockdown will also help me grow in solidarity with all the marginalized and those who are left behind: the homeless, the poor, refugees, exiles, ex-prisoners ... the list goes on.

Abba, Father, I would like to be like Jesus, filled with compassion when facing the suffering of others, attentive to their deepest needs, open to contact with them. I too would like to reach out to them, stretch out my arms to welcome them, open my hand to share myself with them. Give me your Spirit of compassion and generosity.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete