Friday, January 15, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 6, January 15 (Friday of the first week in Ordinary time)

(How does the today’s Gospel call me to live the lockdown? Allow me to share with you my humble reflection.)


“Then some people came to Jesus, bringing a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. And when they could not bring him to Jesus because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him; and after having dug through it, they let down the mat on which the paralytic lay.’ (Mark 2:3-4)

Jesus’ popularity continues to grow so that it becomes difficult to approach him. For a paralytic who cannot move, this is impossible ... unless you have friends ready to intervene and four strong men who aren’t afraid of tearing down walls to achieve their goal. Jesus, admiring their faith, heals the paralyzed man and forgives his sins.

I admire these friends and strong men who care for this feeble one. They have only one thought: the good of their crippled friend who alone can do nothing for himself. I admire their creativity and determination, their collaboration and generosity. In a similar way, I admire those who today, in the context of this pandemic, find creative ways to support the poor, the sick and the lonely.

Abba, Father, give me the generosity and creativity of the paralytic’s friends. Awaken in me the desire to help those who suffer from this confinement even more than I do. I can at least carry them to you in my daily prayer. And may my prayer generate in me gestures of friendship and solidarity. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment