Saturday, January 16, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 7, January 16 (Saturday of the first week of Ordinary time)

(How does the today’s Gospel speak to me during the lockdown? Allow me to share with you my humble reflection.)


« When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that Jesus was eating with sinners and tax collectors, they said to his disciples, ‘Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?’ » (Mark 2:16)


The Pharisees prided themselves on their strict observance of the law. They’re scandalized by Jesus’s proximity to those known for breaking the law. Yet Jesus is only showing God’s concern for all his children on earth. His liberal hospitality reflects the mercy that God wants to offer every human being, without any triage to weed out the unworthy.

As a disciple of Jesus, I am the object of his hospitality, he welcomes me into his home. But he also calls on me to be the agent of his hospitality in my surroundings. During this lockdown, how can I reflect Jesus's unconditional hospitality? Perhaps I could enlarge my “virtual bubble” by reaching out to those who feel forgotten or neglected by me.

Abba, Father, help me overcome my natural tendency to withdraw into a small group of close friends who resemble me. As Jesus did, I want to show your generous hospitality to those who sometimes feel left out. Teach me to welcome them around my heart’s table.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete