Thursday, January 28, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 19, January 28 (Memorial of Saint Thomas of Aquinas)

(How does today’s Gospel speak to me during this lockdown? Allow me to share a humble reflection.)

 

And he said to them, “The measure you give will be the measure you get, and still more will be given you.” (Mark 4:24)

In our times. If you buy 500 grams of ground coffee, you’re sure to get exactly 500 grams. Such standardized measures did not exist in Jesus’s times. Dishonest merchants could fashion smaller measures for themselves and use them to increase their profits. Jesus invites his disciples to use large measures instead, promising them that their greater generosity will result in an even more generous return, far beyond their expectations.

It seems that this lockdown causes me to “reduce my measure,” to be a bit more selfish, a little less generous. Could this be a result of anxiety? Fatigue? A mildly depressed state? A closing in on myself? Perhaps it’s a little of all of that. Jesus invites me to fight against this tendency. He wants me to live fully, even during this lockdown, and to give freely of myself.

Abba, Father, free me from the deadly tendencies that may tempt me during this period of confinement. Make me all the more attentive to others, more dedicated to service, more inclined to give of myself. May your love draw me into a movement that decentres myself and centres me on others.

Amen.

 

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete