Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Lockdown and Gospel - Day 3, January 12 (Saint Marguerite Bourgeoys)

(How does the today’s Gospel call me to live the lockdown? Allow me to share with you my humble reflection.)


“I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.” (John 15:11)

Why has the Eternal Word come into our world and embraced our weakness? Why did he teach us the path of Life? Why did he die so painfully on the Cross? For one reason only: so that we may be filled with joy, and that our joy be perfect. But not just any joy: his joy, his very own! In the sentences that precede and follow the quoted verse, he explains how to receive his joy: by remaining in his love and by loving one another.

Finding joy in this lockdown is not obvious. I can’t seem to find too many find sources of joy in the present circumstances. But when I find no joy in myself, Jesus shares his own joy with me. He spoke of this perfect joy the night before his passion. Wouldn't that be a sign that the joy he's talking about has nothing to do with the circumstances I have to face? Rather, it springs from an inner conviction that I am loved since all eternity ... and from the decision to love in others in return.

Abba, Father, open me to the joy of your son Jesus. Help me understand how much I am loved. Show me how to share with others the love that Jesus gives me. Despite this lockdown - and any other obstacles in my life - I will experience a joy that the world cannot take away from me, a perfect joy. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read testimonies and reviews about him so I contacted him immediately, explained my problems to him. Same day , he casted a spell for me and assured me for 2 days that my husband will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my husband came knocking on my door and begged for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married again, he proposed. I wouldn't stop talking about him. Contact him today if you need his help via email: emutemple@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay. Website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ whatsapp number +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete